Planning for Life After Harvard
The Office of Career Services works closely with students during their four year career to help them think carefully and creatively about next steps in their lives. They help students:
- Create a resume, CV and cover letter
- Practice interviewing skills
- Search for summer jobs and internships
- Network with alumni and professionals in a wide variety of fields
- Seek advice about graduate school and post-graduate fellowship applications
- Arrange interviews for firms that recruit on-campus
From Harvard to Law, Medicine or Business
The US university programme doesn’t have you specialise to the same degree that you would if you were going to uni in the UK. If you intend to study towards a profession such as law, medicine or business, for example, you will be wondering how a first degree from the US translates into the UK.
Harvard grads are often asked by students whether there are any difficulties in re-entering the UK to look for work, and how the Harvard degree is viewed by prospective employers.
We have asked a recent “pre-law” graduate to share his thoughts on the process of returning home: he talks about taking the law conversion course (aka The Common Professional Examination) and how the Harvard degree was viewed by his employer. Click here for his page.
We also asked a recent “pre-med” grad, Dr. Laura Spence, to share her experience at Harvard, as she prepared for a medical career in the UK. Click here to read her story.